Thank you for your interest in contributing to San Diego 411. San Diego 411 wants to give writers and photographers the opportunity to expand and grow their portfolio. We have a team of the best minds of writers and photographers that provide our community valuable and high quality content. To maintain these standards we ask our contributors to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Articles must be at least 500 words, with exception given to some.
- Articles may contain relevant images and links that will improve the overall quality of the article. All links must be related to content and fit naturally into the sentence/article.
- Content should provide value to the reader.
- Submissions containing keyword stuffing will be rejected.
- Bios may not be included within the text of content itself.
- IMAGES: You certify that you have the right to distribute any photo(s) sent to San Diego 411 and that it does not violate any copyright laws. Credit to the artist or photographer must be given. Blurry or irrelevant images may be rejected. Image files must be in JPEG, GIF or PNG format and under 1MB.
- San Diego 411 is not liable for others copying contributor’s photo or any content off this site. It is contributor’s responsibility to address any alleged copyright violations with that individual or entity.
- While we review each post and may adjust formatting as needed, content requiring heavy editing may be rejected.
- Contributors are independent writers and photographers who are responsible for the originality and accuracy of their content. Any contributor caught plagiarizing content will be banned, reported and/or face legal proceedings.
- While minor edits for improvement after content is published are permitted, grossly editing after it has been approved may result in content rejection.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and U.S. resident.
- PAYMENT & CREDIT: A byline with your name will be featured with content. Contributors have the opportunity to build their writing and photography portfolio and grow their followers with San Diego 411. Contributors are not monetarily compensated for any articles, images or other content at this time. Contributors can have links to desired professional social networks or website.
- Editors have the right to refuse any content from contributors.
- Contributors have the right to stop submitting content at any time.
- You agree not to hold San Diego 411, its staff, users, or agents liable for any reason.
- Any approved posts or photos that are published on San Diego 411’s website will remain on the website and cannot be removed for any reason.
- San Diego 411 has the right to revise and update these Guidelines. Contributors are encouraged to check these Guidelines regularly for updates.
- Your request to become a contributor and/or acceptance of contributor position constitutes an agreement to these guidelines.
Submitting content does not guarantee acceptance or publication. If content is not accepted for publication, please see editing notes for opportunities to correct and resubmit.